Winx Has A Boyfriend, And The Foal Name Suggestions Are Pretty Funny
Source: 10daily.com.au /
Winx has an appointment in the breeding barn. Yes, the winner of 33 races straight is about to go on a very hot date.
But which lucky stallion will get to “serve” the former queen of the turf — as horse breeding types very quaintly call the act of horse nookie?
Up until today, there were five bold fellows considered to be in the running. They were:
- much-loved former Aussie champ Lonhro
- unbeaten British champ Frankel (who won all 14 of his starts)
- Japanese horse Deep Impact (don’t even think what you just thought. Seriously, what’s wrong with you?)
- Snitzel (a crumby choice in our opinion #Dadjoke)
- and the aptly named former Aussie sprinter I Am Invincible
And the winner is? Drum roll… Yes, it’s I am Invincible, who has been one of Australia’s most successful sires in recent years, and who stands at Yarraman Park Stud in the Hunter Valley of NSW.
This extremely amorous gentleman has sired 701 foals in his career at stud, 541 of which have raced, and 402 of which have won at least one race. This is a very, very good record.
So Winx and I am Invincible will soon snuggle in a special horsey way, and the rest will take around 11-12 months to happen, the typical length of an equine pregnancy.